Some people love their cars, while others don’t appreciate them enough. Whether you are one of those vehicle owners or somewhere between, don’t forget about your vehicle this valentine’s day. Like your partner in life, your car is the next most dependable thing in your life. To keep your car and its engine happy, here are five ways you can show your car some love this holiday.
5 Ways to Show Your Car Some Love for Valentine’s Day
- Inspect and Restore Your Lights - With winter in full swing and sunsets earlier in the afternoon, your vehicle’s lights are more important now than ever. We recommend checking all your car lights for any defects or dimness. They include your headlights, fog lights, brake lights, tail lights, and blinkers. If your headlight covers look really foggy or yellow, consider getting a restoration kit.
- Change Your Wiper Blades - Wiper blades are one of those car parts that you cycle through the quickest. They are constantly getting worked. To ensure you get a clear view of the road, make sure you replace these every 12 months.
- Wash Your Car - Most people skip their car washes in the winter, but that can be a costly mistake. You don’t have to sit out with a bucket and sponge to have your car cleaned. Just treat your vehicle with a wash to eliminate the dirt, road salt, and other contaminants that have clung onto its external parts.
- Check Your Tires - Roads get pretty slippery this time of year, so your tires need to be tip-top to get proper traction. Don’t forget to check your tire tread depth and tire pressure regularly. This ensures that they wear evenly and help your car run efficiently.
- Get a Tune-Up - Now is the time to knock out the maintenance you’ve been putting off through the holidays. From filters to fluids, we’ve got you covered at Guthrie’s Auto Service. We can perform a tune-up and inspect your vehicle to ensure it is up-to-date with your automaker’s maintenance schedule.
For all your automotive needs, please call or visit the local experts at Guthrie’s Auto Service!